Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

Like every New Years resolution, I fell over before I even got started......

Left over Lions Fruit Cake is not helping one of my causes.... Mum gave it to us, soaking it in brandy for a while to keep it moist....did the trick...

Driving home from our recent holiday - I realised its such a good time to talk to hubby.....he HAS to listen - something he doesnt normally do very well. It was a 2 hour trip and after the first half an hour my phone ran out of battery and that meant the end of facebooking.... So, I talked, and talked and talked his ear off....well he is always whinging he doesnt get enough time with me....

When we finally got home, the fridge was bare....and after lazing in the car for 2 hours I had an amazing amount of energy (hubby had nodded off on the couch by this stage) So....I cleaned the fridge out....the bins were due to go out...they too were very empty, so I ran around the house like a mad women filling them up with stuff that wasnt nailed down....

Unfortunately....that was as far as it all got....the following day I met my sister and we saw "Marley and Me" with only 4 tissues - take a pack of 10 if you go!

Now its midday, the kids are still in their PJ's and I havent had a shower yet - back to my lazy holiday ways again...

BUT I have made a Geotrax (Fisher Price train) video of James' recent track setup (we were inspired by some we saw over at YouTube)...and a few dishes have been done....

Off to work tonight, will be nice to get the brain back into gear again...

3 comments:

diane b said...

Sounds like it is a husband thing not listening very well.
Marley and me sounds too sad, I couldn't get BB (Hubby's initials )to see that kind of movie, he prefers hillarious comedies.
So where did you go on hols? Recharged your batteries by the sound.
Happy New Year too.

mandy said...

This is why I never commit to New Years resolutions...lol
Hope that the talk sunk in and didn`t drift out the other side of the ear....Men have a very good habit of doing this....

I can`t keep up with the amount of rubbish we have accumulated over Christmas....The kids need to go back to school, they are eating me out of everything....

Where`s a padlock when you need one...lol

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Yeah I think the best time to talk to hubby is when we are in the car he can't just get up and walk away then. Which is something he does a lot someone is talking to him and he will just walk away in the middle of the conversation. It is so rude but unless he is really interested in what you are saying he just leaves. Even when he doesn't leave sometimes he will just turn out and has no idea what you are talking about.

Energy is something I don't have any of the last couple of days. To hot to do anything.