Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hot as !

News just in....Adelaide made it to 44.7 degrees at 12.40pm - the hottest day in 70 years - so its the hottest day in my lifetime....

The above photo was taken on Australia Day on the Yorke Peninsula here in SA - it was a lot cooler that day - well about 10 degrees...Stansbury is very tidal and we had a lovely swim around in the warm water.... For the first time we saw a seal there, came in for a rest, then got tricked by the sudden tidal change.

Kids school air-con wasnt doing a very good job - lets hope they can head into the library later...I have been driving around in air-con comfort always on the search for a tree to park under....

Home is a different story - we have evaporative air-con so it can only do so much, it does a great job at night though - it only got down to low 30's outside last night. Can't complain though as until the kids came along, there was NO aircon in the house. One of the families at school have NO air-con so I am thinking of them.....

Well the shower screen went in yesterday, so I'll be able to have a proper shower tonight ...yippee....it has one of those special heads so it will be a treat.... here is a bit of the bathroom (minus paint) the spa is devine!


7 comments:

Julie Anderson said...

I'll take your heat...some of it anyway. It is cold as here!

yevisha said...

it's brutal and amazingly not all of my plants died, some did though. the worst part is that it's going to be the same for the next week or so. help me please. i can't stand this weather, Sassy, you are welcome to it. i turned my wall air con on this arvo after work and it made a lot of funny rustling noises from inside, oh dear, and then i saw on the news to beware of snakes hiding in cooler places like air cons. omg. :) trivia: did you know their blood boils at 34 degrees (or it could be 43, i wasn't listening properly) and i have to sleep down here tonight. at least you can have a shower tonight. that's all good :) this is possibly the longest comment ever

Artoholic said...

And today it was 45.7C I heard!

We rang Gran mama to make sure she hadn't melted. I do not think they thought Adelaide got this hot.

Rub it why don't ya. You've got a bathroom with a spa! I would give anything to just sit in cool water sometimes. At least the tree frog here can do that in the loo.

Any good looking tradies (taking their shirts off) to take your mind off the heat?

Julie Anderson said...

Kim- Yes, heat can be just awful! I saw the news yesterday and they said 126 F for the tennis game! WOW!!! I actually have it pretty well in Idaho(US). Our hottest is 110 F and we don't usally dip below 0 F.

What kills me are the winter inversions. The sun finally came back today, but I hadn't seen it in 2 weks!

Your blogs fun!

Sassy

Brian said...

Yes, I'll gladly switch you temperatures. I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota where it has been below zero farrenheit (not sure what that is in celsius) for weeks now.

Great post! :)

diane b said...

You poor things in that heat. 45C That even goes off my conversion chart for Fahrenheit but as Sassy says 126F. and they play tennis in it. They're mad.Your new bathroom sounds nice.Hope you can have a cool shower.Brian is in -18C I don't know what would be worse. What I find funny is that it is cooler here yet we are closer to the equator. funny. I guess it is to do with the winds coming off the desert. Keep cool.

mandy said...

Help, I can`t take it anymore.....
Another week to go....At least the nights are cooler now....A lovely coolbreeze last night...Cooler outside than inside with the air con running.....
Hope you got your pool sorted...Ours has been running overtime by the kids and yes even me so it must be damned hot...lol